How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Scottsdale smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface puts you in total charge of your Scottsdale home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it can benefit you and check out suggestions to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Scottsdale help you?
Connecting wirelessly to components via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular functionality and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote operability with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the duties you can execute:
- View current or saved video streams from all connected security cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Scottsdale by programming schedules or establishing preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will be in your house and arms everything except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll notice a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open door will prompt you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor in question.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Scottsdale
Even though multiple users can be entered when you first get your system, you will likely want to add another user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to give the user remote access, tap email or phone and submit the info to deliver an invite.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, tap users, choose the user you wish to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen interface? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Scottsdale home security system. Call (480) 681-6262 to get started.